U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program application form 2020 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on zahub.org as well as on the official website/application portal.
U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program 2020 for Women Agribusiness Entrepreneurs and Innovators (Fully-funded)
The U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program
Applications are open for the U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program 2020 for Women Agribusiness Entrepreneurs and Innovators. The program hosted at Michigan State University (MSU) connects Ugandan, Tanzanian, and Kenyan agribusiness professionals and entrepreneurs with their counterparts in Michigan for knowledge exchange and capacity building.
The program strengthens visiting fellows’ skills in agro-entrepreneurship and agri-food system innovation, and addresses issues of women’s economic empowerment. This is a program of the U.S. Department of State, administered by Michigan State University.
- Fellowship is open to:
- Women entrepreneurs, social innovators, or small and medium business owners or managers and other leaders working in the agriculture and food sectors
- Individuals (of any gender) in civil society and NGOs working on programs that support women in the agriculture and food sectors in their respective countries
- Policymakers, ministry employees, and others in the public sector (of any gender) focused on supporting and improving opportunities for women in the agriculture or food sector
- Academic staff (of any gender) who are implementing programs to impact advancing women in the agriculture and food sectors
- Applicants should be 25-40 years old
- A citizen, national, or permanent resident of Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda
- Is living and working in Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda at the time of the application
- Speaks fluent English
- Has at least 2 years of professional/working experience in their field
- Has demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills and a commitment to community
- Has employer’s support for participating in the program (for those not self-employed). For those self-employed, has recommendation from local authorities at the district, county, and/or community levels
- Is interested in participating in a reciprocal program for American participants coming to your country
- Preference will be given to those who are in an earlier state of their careers
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously had the opportunity to travel to the US
Complete all of the questions in the application in English and include the following additional items in your application package (which can be uploaded at the end of this on-line application):
- One-page resumé
- One-page statement of interest (Why you are applying for this program? What do you hope to learn? How will you use this experience after you return home?)
- Letter of reference from your current employer verifying his/her support for your participation in this program (if applicable) or for those self-employed, letter of recommendation from local authorities at the district and/or community levels
- A scanned copy of a government issued ID that indicates your citizenship and birthdate
Click here to apply
For more information, visit U.S. Department of State.
Deadline: November 18, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Program, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.